Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Introduction













Hey!
Some of you may know where the country Latvia is, but for those who don't know --> Latvia is part of Eastern Europe and its population is only 2.013 million people which is four times less than New York City's population. Living  in New York I absolutely felt this difference. It would be hard to experience the crowd of people in daily life in Latvia as it is in New York City. Tucked between Estonia to the North and Lithuania to the South, Latvia is the middle country of the Baltic "Sisters". It is located along the Baltic Sea, which is known for its good salmon and where the harbour porpoises aka pig-dolphins live. No, no, it is not a dolphin with pig's snout or a pig's tale, it is just a specific species of dolphin. Latvia is pretty flat country and one of the greenest in Europe. 
I have been away from home this past year, which allowed me the opportunity to appreciate my hometown and to reflect on its beauty in even more than ever before. These posts are going to consist of some interesting facts about Latvia. I hope you will enjoy them!

2 comments:

  1. I do not know anything about Latvia but I can't wait to hear more. Always love a new place to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be informative, thanks.

    ReplyDelete